Advertisement

Chimbre - Shamanic retreat in Peru.

topic posted Tue, January 26, 2010 - 12:44 PM by  ajaloux
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hello everybody!

We are building a shamanic retreat in the Peruvian jungle, that we named Chimbre. Chimbre designate a place of gathering, a portal for deeper understanding. Our ambition is to allow people from all around the globe to experience with the plant medicine Ayahuasca and San Pedro and be initiated to the knowledge of Master Mancoluto, a shaman descending from the Chavin civilization.

Chimbre will open doors April 22nd. For that occasion we will be welcoming over 50 guests including a Hollywood film crew. You can be part of this event and the filming of a feature film. If you feel that you need to change your life or know someone that needs to, send us a short video telling us why you seek Ayahuasca. What changes you seek? Two participants will be picked to come down to Peru with us all expenses paid. You have until March 20th to share your stories. We look forward to seeing your videos.

This is just the beginning but we want you to know everything asap.
Submission: rob@chimbre.com
Follow us on twitter: twitter.com/Chimbre
Facebook: Chimbre
Shaman interview on Reality Sandwich:
www.realitysandwich.com/video/...version

Peace,
Antoine

Ps: If you have any questions, please contact me at antoine@chimbre.com
posted by:
ajaloux
New York City
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: Chimbre - Shamanic retreat in Peru.

Tue, January 26, 2010 - 1:18 PM
    i wanna know why you can use the listings tab, on the top of each page! this is called SPAM, when you make your business the subject of discussion. Never trust those who's motivation is money. And-

Guess what buddy? This is an Iboga tribe, not an ayahusca forum, nor a cactus forum, both of which, already are on tribe. Goes to show that money is your motivation - because you would at least post it in relevant places, rather than everywhere. Hollywood film crew? So what you are saying is - not only are you trying to sell spaces to customers - but they can help you mis appropriate a place and culture - 'two participants will be picked''- if that ain't a commercial robbery and snobbery, i don't know what is. I wonder what steps you have taken to lessen or eliminate the footprint of consumerism and western society, in the area in which you seek to build your center, or are you just another contributor to post colonial robbery of the natives?

so you said->>> my question would be - why is this posting here, and what in the world does it have to do with iboga? other than you are based in a foreign country thats lets gringo's come get high on vacation?
    • Re: Chimbre - Shamanic retreat in Peru.

Wed, January 27, 2010 - 9:21 AM
      Flint,

Thanks for your feedback. I have to say it hurts how right you are. Let me share with you the reason of my posting.

- Why in Iboga trib? I thought that by posting here I could reach people interested in plant medicine, that would connect with us to later in every aspect of our movement.

- Commercial robbery? I'm french. It coast something like 1200 euros to get to the place from there. I remember how hard it was for me to fly to Puerto Maldonado just to work there and help building the place. We though it would be nice to give people a chance to get there for free. At the end all we want to do is help people not make money out of them. Money is involve yes. 50% of the revenue is injected in the local economy. We already fixed a school and give shelter to kids and other people.

- Hollywood. Yes it was weak of me to use that term but we are using a little production team to document things (it just so happen that they are from Los Angeles), and later use it to promote the place. Again at the end all we want to do is help people and using modern communication and media tool is one way of doing it.

- On a personal level, I spent 5 months there. I know it's not a lot, it's nothing. During the first two months I was convincing myself that I would come back to France, find a nice job and settle down for a so called normal life. The experiences I had there changed everything. Now am part of a team that is trying to bring this wonderful medicine to the mass. At least I'm trying using the skills I have. I may be completely off now, if you have any idea on how to communicate properly I would be more than happy to hear them.

Peace,
      Antoine

Ps; I sent you my phone number.

• Re: Chimbre - Shamanic retreat in Peru.

Sat, January 30, 2010 - 2:59 PM
    Antoine, you sound like a nice guy with good intentions. Understand your reasons for posting here...

I feel there is a need for what you do, ie: introduce westerners to traditional shamanic settings. Westerners who would -without these types of efforts- in all likelihood not be exposed to such life changing experiences. So I see this as positively as I can. That is, that you are doing something constructive for society at large. I hope your efforts pay off, sort of speak ;-)

Bonne chance!